Featured

Autonation - Warranty issues
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Oct 31, 2023

still trying to work issue thru mopar parts customer service

Original review Oct 16, 2023
Purchased two factory 3.6 engines, the first one was removed due to overheating, the second one was doing same thing, took to the dealer they could not find issue. Blamed the jeep having a lift angry eye grill and winch.

I had the thermostat housing replaced that was bought with the engine from the dealership replaced with the OEM thermostat housing. Overheating issue was resolved.1800 miles later we got engine misfire on #1 cylinder took back to dealer they informed us that the #1 cylinder was low on compression 80psi and leaking from intake valve. Yep weeks went by received a call from dealership that since the engine had overheated the warranty was voided and that i would have to pay to get it fixed. i spoke to mopar directly and was told dealership never contacted them for warranty and that the dealership would have to abide by the warranty .

Service advisors were rude and would not help with this situation due to defective factory parts that were all purchased thru their dealership.

E-mail GM of the dealership with no reply to this matter. So matter is still not resolved at this time
Loss:
Cons:
  • Does not care about there customers

Preferred solution: the warranty to repair there product

User's recommendation: Do not use this company as they try to find ways not to cover warranty issues bad customer service

Ashley D Tqe

Month 5 no plate

5months later I still have no plate no one will call me back or return phone calls now I get a letter stating they didnt collect enough taxes and I need to pay an additional 600$. Vehicle still not registered bad customer service not recommended at all.

Preferred solution: My plates

Alexis A Vpu

| map-marker Concord, North Carolina

Charlotte USA are Crooks and Liars

I came to Autonation on December 15, 2023 with a very high hope and trust because we heard a lot of good things about the company but in less than one month that trust was broken. The inconvenience and struggles I am going through are unimaginable.

I am a full-time student at the University of North Carolina Charlotte and I have 3 jobs to make sure that I can pay for the car but to this date, 2/14/2023, I have not driven the car for more than 21 days since the purchase of the car, to January 7, 2024, when it broke down. When I set foot in the Autonation Office, Jamal, the Manager of the Charlotte branch told us and promised us that everything regarding registration and plates could all be processed at the Charlotte Branch and it would only take 2-3 weeks at the most to receive them. It is now more than two months with no tags and registration and unable to take the car out of the repair shop in Hendricks of KIA.

I have now no choice but to make a call to my hometown office in NH to see if they can release the registration and tags to be sent to Autonation in Charlotte. If this does not work and I truly need to go back home myself out of my busy classes and jobs to register and get the tags, I might consider legal assistance.

The finance Mr. Brian Smith from the time I signed the paperwork only triggered selling us an extra warranty which I bought for $4000 that does not cover any repair that is needed when the car broke down on January 7, 2024. I didn't even know what was the interest rate that I ended up with, Mr Smith never mentioned it and always batted away from answering. Mr.

Smith kept on pushing for a warranty, giving me 5 different warranty options one on top of the other. I called the office 5 days later and spoke with Mr. Smith to find out what the interest rate is and what the breakdown of the is loan because the printed paperwork that was given to me on the day of purchase December 15, 2023, did not have any of it. I have records of everything through email but was neglected to hand me all the necessary paperwork on the day of purchase.

Parts of the paper work such as the 5-day return time were left out of the paperwork. I was finally able to call Autonation at Charlotte to get some comprehension of the whole situation, I spoke with Ms. Lexiss who was very helpful and informative and the only one who has truly tried to help me. I was looking forward to speaking with Mr.

Colin Rundell just to hear what his process thought and what can be done about the inconvenience that I am going through but no answer. Miss Lexiss tried a couple of times to get me in contact with Mr. Colin Rundell and Jamal, to the point she went down to his office to see if he was there and when she finally came back to the phone with me, Ms. Lexiss informed me of transferring the call now to their direct lines at separate times but they both did not pick up the phone.

I left a message urging them to call me back but he has no decency or respect to call back but instead, he can only respond to an email that I sent him in the same time frame I left the message on his voicemail. There was never an urgency on Mr. Rundell's part, no sense of customer relation for such a position that he has, no apology, no sense of assurance to a customer towards me, I am 20 years old, turning 21 in about a month. Because of my age, I am not being treated with the same level of respect as an experienced and older buyer.

I have been brushed off, and ignored, and my phone calls have been dodged. I was raised to treat everyone with respect regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, or background. But knowing that people in this office who are much older than me, do not know how to act or treat their younger customers is very upsetting. I know customer relations is to be able to connect with the younger generation because, after all, we are the future, I should be able to relate and comprehend what they are going through because word of mouth is how you earn one small transaction to a much larger scale.

This is my first car ever, I financed it on my own to see if I could do it, I took everything I could, even taking 3 jobs to show the world, that if I can do it, anyone can. But now that is fractured and the memory will always have a bad taste in my mouth. During the day of the purchase of the car, we constantly asked about registration and inspection stickers. They told me that a North Carolina inspection sticker was good enough for a year even with New Hampshire plates.

I know this is false because this is very ILLEGAL. To have plates for one state and an inspection sticker for another. This is common knowledge that this is very ILLEGAL. I may be young but I am knowledgeable and I understand the law.

Then approximately at 8:56 am on February 8th. My father called on my behalf, because of my busy schedule of school life and work life, Autonation USA Charlotte. He spoke with the person in the office over the phone telling us that they would void the first payment I made, void the warranty, take the car back, and exchange me for a car that has lower mileage and a better brand. We unfortunately did not receive his name but we have the time of when the call was made and the date.

And since all calls at Autonation USA Charlotte are recorded, I see no issue in finding out who this was since that person from that branch completely lied to our faces. This was only said to keep us happy and distracted. Lastly the worst of all. Autonation USA Charlotte, Mr.

Brian Smith was telling us to do something ILLEGAL. I told Autonation USA Charlotte, that I am not a resident of North Carolina, time and time and time again. I would not be able to register my car in the state of North Carolina since I am not a legal resident of the state of North Carolina. I have been a resident of New Hampshire for over 15 years now.

I told them that they couldn't register the car for me but that they wouldn't listen. I knew that because a dealership in the same city as our legal residence couldn't even register a vehicle for me.

Mr. Brian Smith was making me feel stupid and pushing me in the direction of doing something ILLEGAL. It is a crime to register a car in a state in which you have no residency.

I know this for a fact. Nobody in Autonation listened to me of where I resided, I made this known multiple times.

Mr. Brian used a harsh tone and in my opinion not a customer service way of handling the situation. He told us it was our fault, that the plates were taking forever, and that I should have just registered it in North Carolina, of which I am not a legal resident.

This whole conversation happened over the phone and again since it is stated that all phone calls are recorded I see no issue of proving this statement above.

Autonation USA Charlotte has done nothing to compensate for the huge inconvenience they have caused me. They lied about the 90 warranty, they said it was covered from bumper to bumper and everything would be covered on the warranty if something were to happen in the 90 days. This was FALSE. They refuse to now pick up the phone or respond to my emails with respect, this is not how customer service should be.

I was lied to about being exchanged for a different car. I still do not have my plates and it has been over two months. My car is stuck at another dealership, and I am grateful to KIA Hendricks Concord for holding my car and being the utmost respectful, kind, and understanding to my situation because they understand what customer service is. Lastly, again, Mr.

Brian Smith, told us to do something very ILLEGAL, to register my car in a state of which I do not have residency.

The only one who has made an effort to resolve my issues is Lexiss White. She has been the only one constantly communicating with me, updating me, and actively apologizing for the inconvenience this has caused me and she is in the Title and Plates department. She is the only one I do not hold accountable. She has treated me with respect and is actively trying to help me.

Where I stand right now, is that I do not have a car and I need a car.

Automation should be doing something to compensate me for this huge inconvenience they have caused me. But regardless they continue to ignore me since my needs are below them.

I want action and I want justice.

Since Autonation Corporate is silent to my concerns and inconvenience. It is with a heavy heart I do not recommend Autonation to any of our friends, family, and all the social media that we can reach.

Thank you and we hope we can resolve this if the owner of Autonation is ever concerned.

Elena C Cch

Verified Reviewer

Autonation - Urgent Attention Required: Incorrect Charges and Unsatisfactory Customer Service

I am a concerned and disappointed customer due to a series of unresolved issues that have not only caused me financial distress but also considerable inconvenience over the past six months.

To provide you with some background, I have been erroneously overcharged by $1,000 for another vehicle, a mistake that I have actively been trying to rectify through numerous channels provided by the dealership. Despite my best efforts, which include multiple phone calls, emails, and even in-person visits to the location, the issue remained unresolved until my third visit in person.

It was only then that some attention was finally given to my case.

The recurring theme in all my interactions has been a lack of urgency and disregard for my situation. Each time, I was informed that new customers were being prioritized over existing ones, which, frankly, is not only disheartening but also reflects poorly on your company's customer service ethos. As a loyal customer, I expected to be treated with the same level of importance and urgency as any other client, new or old.

The financial overcharge is a significant concern for me, but the underlying issue of being consistently deprioritized and overlooked is equally troubling. It sends a message that once a sale is concluded, the customer's value diminishes, which should never be the case in any service-oriented business.

The location of concern is in San Antonio.

15423 I-10, San Antonio, TX 78249

My unresponsive Finance director email is ThompsonM6@***.com.

I had to travel from Austin to San Antonio 3 times ( first 2 times gave a verbal promise to correct- each visit 3 weeks apart.) It's common for employees not to respond to email, and even when they did respond to my pressing matter I only recieved an "on it right now" and it still didn't get corrected!

The manager was also completely unresponsive to where I would call, he would reject and text "give me some time I have a customer now," but never called me back.

His email is williamsr10@***.com

I gave a detailed breakdown of the accounting errors in an excel sheet and he assured me they were going to fix it by writing a check, which was $222 short of the requested amount.

They didnt even bother to clear up why they were writing me a check for the incorrect amount.

The entire experience has been to the customer service level of a novice or worse- an experienced person who does not care at all.

And then on top of this during my time being ignored by the people im reaching out to the sales team contacted me again asking if I still needed help and I was already in a vehicle I purchased for 4 months. The automated email claiming that as a customer I was so cared for felt even more bogus.

As of todays date March 4, 2024- Autonation has not fully refunded erroneous charges made in October 2023.

This is completely unacceptable for any product or service.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Options for vehicles
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: This business does not care about its customers

map-marker Los Gatos, California

Urgent Complaint Regarding Service Experience_Reply to Mercedes-Benz of San Jose

Dear Auto Nation,

I am writing to you with deep disappointment and frustration regarding the recent service experience I encountered at your service center. As a semi-retired local resident and a loyal customer, I have always valued the service provided by your team, particularly the assistance of Mr. William Beller. However, my recent encounters have left me greatly dissatisfied.

I have been a proud owner of a 2016 Sprinter Van *** RV, which has been exclusively serviced at your facility since I purchased. Despite my satisfaction with past services, I recently experienced significant issues during my last two visits, both of which have left me concerned and inconvenienced.

During my most recent visit for a complimentary check-up, I was advised by Mr. Joshua that an oil change was necessary, despite having driven only approximately 1,000 miles since my last service in 2023. Reluctantly, I followed the advice and spent the entirety of my day at the service center, only to be charged over $1500. Regrettably, upon leaving, I discovered two warning signals on my screen, which were not present prior to the service.

Disheartened by this experience, I promptly scheduled another appointment, requesting assistance from Mr. William, who has always provided excellent service. However, upon arrival, I was directed back to Mr. Joshua, who introduced himself as the Senior Service Manager, promising a better service experience. Despite assurances, I encountered further issues.

1. reduced display brightness, cant see on reverse mode.

2. persistent two warning signals,

3. a broken exhaust in the engine, and

4. a broken generator bracket.

As someone who relies heavily on own Sprinter Van for local travel and pleasure purposes, these issues are not only inconvenient but also pose potential safety risks. I am deeply upset by the lack of attention to detail and the disregard for my concerns during both service appointments.

Therefore, I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter. I urge you to review my case thoroughly and ensure that your service team addresses and rectifies the aforementioned problems. As a long-standing customer, I believe in the quality of service your establishment offers, and I trust that you will take the necessary steps to uphold this reputation.

I sincerely hope for a prompt resolution to this matter and look forward to hearing from you soon. I gave 5star review on Google last time but this time I need your help.

Thank you for your attention and understanding.

Warm regards,

RT Shan

Enclosed: Email From Autonation

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mercedes-Benz of San Jose

Subject: Feedback on your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter really matters!

Date: April 2, 2024 at 4:00:48 AM PDT

Chance To Win Up To $100

Mercedes-BenzMercedes-Benz of San Jose Service Center

Dear R,

Thank you for visiting Mercedes-Benz of San Jose Service Center. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

If you have a few minutes, we would be grateful for feedback on your visit. PLUS by leaving us an honest review, you will be automatically entered for a chance to win up to $100 of Visa Gift Cards*. Please click one or all of the buttons below and share a few sentences about your experience.

Review on Google

We read each and every review! Thank you for your time and please reach out if you need assistance with your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.

For easy reference, here is our phone number: (888) 269-****

Sincerely,

Mercedes-Benz of San Jose Service Center Customer Service Team

Mercedes-Benz of San Jose Service Center, 3000 East Capitol Expressway Suite A San Jose, CA 95148 | Unsubscribe

*No purchase necessary, no entry fee, payment or proof of purchase is necessary to win. To enter: leave an honest review for any AutoNation location on Google, Facebook, DealerRater, Cars.com, Carfax, Edmunds, or CarGurus. Only one entry per person. Quarterly Prizes/Drawing: 10 reviewers will be selected at random each calendar quarter (beginning on 01/01/2022) to receive a $25 Visa gift card (8 winners) or a $100 Visa gift card (2 winners). Winners will be selected at the end of each calendar quarter. Please allow up to 4 (four) weeks for gift cards to be delivered once winners are selected. Winners will be notified by email. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability publicity release. In the event a selected winner does not respond or fails to comply with the requirements set forth herein within 10 days of notification or is otherwise ineligible to win , an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor is not responsible with garbled transmissions, outages, network errors or other events that result in lost or misdirected reviews or notices to winners. Odds of winning depend on number of honest reviews received during each drawing period. Eligibility: open to legal residents of the U.S. who are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Promotion is sponsored by AutoNation, Inc. 200 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 1600 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Danny D Lkw

| map-marker Maitland, Florida

Resolved: Title not being provided

Autonation - Title not being provided
Autonation - Title not being provided - Image 2
Updated by user Feb 15, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Title was finally mailed and received.

Original review Feb 08, 2024
Purchased a used car via internet on 02-02-24 as a cash / wire transfer sale from a Mercedes Dealer in Maitland, Florida. Had the car shipped from Florida to Arizona on 2-05-24.

Car arrived on 2-07-24. As of 2-08-24 I have not received the title, nor can anyone tell me the status of the Title nor its whereabouts. Apparently, the dealer's Title Clerk handles this but she is not in and has not been in and they cannot tell me if and when she will be in.

I now have a fully paid for vehicle in my possession that I cannot operate because I am missing a crucial piece of paper.
I spoke with Gwen at Auto Nation. She was very professional and helpful in getting my information and will be forwarding to management for resolution.
Pros:
  • I will hold my reservations until after this matter is concluded
Cons:
  • Not good at communicating

Preferred solution: The Title to the car that is free and clear.

User's recommendation: Make sure you inquire and view a title before completing the transaction

Cashorr W

Verified Reviewer

Was sold a car with major issues

Autonation - Was sold a car with major issues
Autonation - Was sold a car with major issues - Image 2
Autonation - Was sold a car with major issues - Image 3
Autonation - Was sold a car with major issues - Image 4
Autonation - Was sold a car with major issues - Image 5

I bought a car through the ford mobile Alabama location, I took a flight to a Florida location to pick the car up, the car wasnt serviced for resale at all the calibration was off and they were trying fix it when I arrived. They then gave me the car saying its fix, they gave me no paper tag, its 2 months later I still have no tag with a ticket for $150 for no dealer tag. A few weeks after I had the car the suspension went out, took it to the Mercedes dealership to be fix , the calibration didnt hold I took it back they ran a full diagnostic the car has the wrong battery which explains why it wouldnt crank on one occasion the suspension has multiple issues and the warranty want cover unless $600 is paid for the correct battery to see the proper reading on the diagnostics now the mobile Alabama sales guy is saying he cant help he has nothing to do with it thats my problem, I havent seen the car in 2 weeks but just made the first payment and insurance is due in 2 days fix the car you didnt service the car for resale

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Iselin, NJ 08830

Re: AutoNation Corp

Date: Feb 28, 2024

To Whom it May Concern:

First and foremost, please know that I am not an enemy.

I am seeking redress, and standing up for what is right.

I entered into a credit transaction with AutoNation Honda Thornton Road, Lithia Springs Ga, on February 23, 2023 to purchase a vehicle for my business purposes. I purchased the vehicle under my business name SWINEY INVESTMENTS LLC. After having the vehicle for a few months I noticed that my personal credit score had decreased because of a new vehicle transaction that appeared on my credit report.

During this time, I was in the process of purchasing a new home and was declined because of a new credit transaction that appeared on my credit report. The tradeline reported an amount of approximately $30,000 from American Honda Finance Services also known as AHFS which negatively affected my debt to income ratio.

I contacted AHFS via Certified US Mail and by phone and asked the company to remove the tradeline information from my credit report because it was not valid. And also because I never gave AHFS nor AutoNation Honda my expressed written consent to use my Social Security Number. This is considered unauthorized use and other violations under the Truth in Lending Act. The company declined on multiple occasions and acted in dishonor.

AHFS later instructed me to reach out to AutoNation Honda because of multiple errors that appeared on the contract.

When I contacted AutoNation Honda, the Finance Manager Simon contacted me and asked me to come in and sign a co-signer form which I respectfully declined because I had already had the vehicle for 3 months which proved a guarantor was not needed. Moreover, the vehicle never was titled and registered. I had called and inquired several times about the registration after my second temporary tag had expired. AutoNation Honda then told me they need a few more documents in order to register the vehicle out of state.

At that point I did not feel comfortable giving AutoNation Honda anymore of my nonpublic personal information because the dealership had already misused my personal information and caused me and my family a great deal of distress.

I sent AutoNation Honda a notice of rescission which they received on June 13,2023 via US Certified Mail, however I never received a response. On June 26,2023 I reached out to Autonation Honda's General Manager Mr. Dixon to see if we could come to some type of resolution and he informed me there was nothing he could do about the situation. On June 26, 2023 I filed a Civil Lawsuit against AutoNation Honda for dealership fraud.

By July 27, 2023 I started to receive calls from the General Manager Ernest Dixon after he was served by the Cobb County Sheriff Department telling me that American Honda Financial Services was allowing the dealership to purchase the contract back from them and clear me from any obligations associated with this vehicle.

I informed Mr. Dixon that I would not be returning the vehicle unless I received something in writing from AutoNation Honda and American Honda Financial Services stating that I would be released from all obligations. Mr. Dixon emailed me a letter which I have attached to this email, but I never received anything from American Honda Financial Services.

I also sent Mr.

Dixon a letter via US certified Mail which he received on Aug 9, 2023 at 9:45am and informed him not to contact me anymore via phone but only via US Mail. I made this decision because I was being excessively harassed and statements were being made over the phone that deprived me of my rights. These statements needed to be documented. Besides, a company should always respond to written correspondence with written correspondence.

Otherwise, one could escape responsibilities by discussing matters over the phone with no form of documentation.

On Aug 9, 2023 at 2:22pm while I was away from my home, a tow truck backed into my driveway and stole the vehicle with my personal belongings and other private documents inside. My security camera system caught the footage. I contacted COBB County Police Department in Marietta, GA and filed a theft report and also contacted my insurance company. I truly believe that AutoNation Honda stole the vehicle.

I've already spoken to representatives at AHFS and they confirmed they had nothing to do with the theft of the vehicle. My property is in the suburbs in a secluded community where my neighbors and I have no crime issues.

The amount of personal injury I have suffered due to the actions of AutoNation Honda far exceeds the price of the vehicle. And considering the number of transactions this dealership has made over the years, I find it offensive that everyone I have contacted has pretended to have no real knowledge of the requirements and regulations under law. I am aware that I am being deceived by way of coercion and trickery.

It is imperative that someone from your company reach out to me immediately and return the property or I will be forced to take further action on the Federal Level for the maximum penalty allowed by law. I also have the right to freedom of speech and will not hesitate to reach out to the media, Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission and any other agency possible to seek Justice.

Sincerly,

Lamar W.

Swiney

All Rights Reserved. Done in good faith.

User's recommendation: Not to do business with AutoNation Honda Thornton Rd

Guest

Why do lame people make posts about legal action you intend to take? Go do it then.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2492198

This is a lame *** responses mind your MF business. I did take legal action, I just want people to be aware of the scams these dealerships run.

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Lamar S Hez

Then your post title is inaccurate. If you were concerned about warning others you would have discussed how you have already paid an attorney and filed suit.

If you really do have an attorney, which you don’t, they should have told you not to speak, write or go online and discuss any details. That’s why the post is lame.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2492483

I will represent myself, I have already file a civil suit against AutoNation and I intent to sue on a federal level for your information. Find something to do instead of being in my business without knowing all the facts.

View more comments (3)
Anne C Map

Verified Reviewer

Damage and assault on lot

Original review Apr 04, 2024

I was on your lot last Saturday around 7 PM as I pulled onto the lot there was a truck parked in front of me. I waited a few minutes to see if he would move.

I flashed my lights. He did not budge, so I slowly decided to go around him and as I did, he pulled forward to the stop sign and just sat there. I waited a few minutes, he still would not move so I went straight he took a right I parked my car to look at a car on the lot then I see him come around and I realize I had my car door open so I went to close the door and or to see if he had enough clearance to go by as I got to the back of my car, he pulled up started calling me a *** a *** etc. I walked up to his truck which was lifted, put my hands on his door and asked him what his problem was and then he rolled the back window down, and his dog came in, so I backed up and he started cussing at me His wife saw us arguing who was with a sales person.

She came running over and said whats your problem I said your husband called me a *** and the sales lady told me I need to get off the lot the wife of the man shoved me so I decided to call the cops then he got out of his car and punched the back of my car, the cop showed up. I walked up to them because I was the one who called and the sales person out of the blue, came up to the cops and started talking to him first, and I said I dont know who you are I didnt see you And he said he saw everything which honestly I dont recall ever seeing this guy on the lot to see what was going on so the cop briefly asked me what was going on and another cop pulled up. The first cop went to the four people behind my car and I stayed with the other cop in front of my car And they came back and asked for my drivers license. I gave it to them.

The other guy who assaulted me said what do you need my license for and the cop said cause I need to know who Im talking to thats all I heard in that conversation as I was talking to the other cop, my side of the story the other cop came up and told me I was the aggressor and I was just baffled by this I said, what do you mean Im the aggressor Im the one who called you guys hes verbally assaulting me your girl on the law is telling me to leave off of her lot And then ask the guy and myself if we wanted to press charges, he said if she presses charges against me. I want to press charges against her. I was so upset, terrified, and just baffled. By all of this I stayed a little bit talking to the cops because I was just so upset.

Eventually, I left the next day, which was Easter I decided to take a look at my car to see if he damaged it and of course theres a big dent in the back of my trunk where he punched my car, but this issue was never addressed with the cops, nor was the issue of the lady shoving me I went back to the dealer he said there was nothing wrong with the guys car he realized hands were put on his car and I said well he damaged my car and my other half said somebody needs to pay for this because I didnt do it. This guy did it on your lot and the manager said that the cameras have to be requested its not something you could look on site took all my information down here it is Thursday almost a week later and no one has reached out to me from there to let me know if this could be rectified , I lost the deal on the car.

I want it because its sold and I am just in utter discussed that this happened on your lot and no one seems to care. I reached out to the police to try to amend the report about the lady shoving me for assault, but , that seems to be going nowhere either so I am reaching out to you for your help and understanding .

I am getting the police report tomorrow and will post it too

Loss:

Preferred solution: My car fixed or compensation or a really good deal on another car

DAVID M Dvd

| map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Over inflated priced service

Autonation - Over inflated priced service
Autonation - Over inflated priced service - Image 2

I contacted AutoNation Mobile service in the suspicion that I needed my pulleys changed on my 350z because the car would make a high squealing noise at start up and then stop shortly after, and this was after just having my drive belts changed and was given a price of $534 to change both pulleys. when the AutoNation mobile tech arrived he said he didn't think it was the pulleys and just recommended adjusting the belt so I said okay let's try that, the mobile tech had me drive my car onto the ramps to jack up my car and in 15min he adjusted the drive belts and had me start the car and there was no more high squealing noise which was great, BUT then the AutoNation Mobile Service tech changed the bill from $534 to $305 which was a HORRIBLE HIGH amount to charge to adjust a belt when I just had paid the dealership to put the belts on the car and not even 100miles and had to pay an exorbitant fee to adjust the belt RIDICULOUS! I REALLY would steer clear of AutoNation mobile service as it's a plow for them it seems to get out there and then adjust the price to RIP you OFF!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Did fix the issue after i just paid to have the belts change
Cons:
  • Extremely overpriced

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Steer clear! Overpriced

Krishana K Hzh

My account 720905**** is suspended Please unsuspend sir Please

karen b Epn

| map-marker Bradenton, Florida

Resolved: Completely ripped off for service

Updated by user Apr 11, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I finally got someone to respond and he offered me a partial refund on the work that was done.

Original review Mar 12, 2024
Bought car in for service beginning of March. Ford Focus 2015.

Car wouldn't start and then after it sat for a while or next day would turn over. It kept happening and then car would shut off while driving it. Called Ford Motor Company they said it sounded like a recall issue, the dealer said no it had nothing to do with any recall on that vehicle even though they acknowledged that there were issues not actually called "recalls". They did a diagnostic report and said it was the ignition switch and something with the fuel injection.

After charging us over 2 grand to fix it and waiting 2 weeks to get it we drove it home about 5 miles from Autonation Ford of Bradenton, Florida and went inside for about an hour and the car wouldn't start, doing exactly the same problem it was brought in for plus a few new issues that never happened before we took it there. We had them tow it back that day. Got a call next morning with an oh it's a electrical problem now and a fuse box had a loose connection. Miraculously the car was ready the next morning after we brought it in and when we picked it up we were not given any paperwork showing what was done to actually fix the problem.

There was no charge but no explanation of what was really wrong with the car in the first place. When we complained they offered to give us 10 percent back on the 2000 dollar charge because they fixed what the diagnostic told them was wrong with the car. The diagnostic never showed anything wrong with the fuse box which was the actually issue all along.

We were overcharged for 1200 in labor to change out an ignition switch and re key 2 keys. This was never actually the issue with the car and I want a much larger refund along with paperwork that should have been provided to us when the car was finally fixed, not to mention one of the keys they programmed doesn't even work.
$2046
Cons:
  • Overcharge
  • Misdiagnose
  • Never get call backs

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: do not take your car to Autonation Ford in Bradenton, Florida 34207.

Felicia M Xgk

| map-marker Houston, Texas

Autonation - Fraudulent Vehicle purchased and information provided by Salesman and Sales Manager
Autonation - Fraudulent Vehicle purchased and information provided by Salesman and Sales... - Image 2
Autonation - Fraudulent Vehicle purchased and information provided by Salesman and Sales... - Image 3
Updated by user Sep 27, 2023

As of September 27, 2923 no new information regarding this incident has occurred. No rental car assistance approval from the dealership as they have stated several times has to be obtained before I can obtain any form of transportationoutside of the vehicle I'vealready...

Updated by user Sep 27, 2023

There is also missed work which total $500 as all funds have been spent attempting to get back and forth to work.

Original review Sep 27, 2023
I purchased a car from Auto Nation 9/2/23. I informed my salesman Robert Azangor that there seemed to be a problem with the air.

He stated to bring it back in a few days as that type of vehicle Hyundai Sonata begins to blow cold air upon driving. Robert also stated to me that the dashboard was cracked due to the age and heat over time; however, upon my son and I leaving the lot driving home my son utilized the turn signal and informed me that the radio lights up and flickers whenever the turn signal is utilized. I informed Robert and he stated we could bring the car back by to have it checked out. At that time I informed Robert that, for the lights to flicker upon utilizing the turn signal, there has to be an electrical problem beyond the cracked dash board, which is probably why the dash board has been cracked open in several places.

Robert said he would have the service department check it when they check the ac. On 9/7/23 the car broke down while my child was on the main highway and my son stated he saw smoke coming out but did not know what to do or what happened. I had to call a tow truck because the car would not start which left my 17 year old son stranded. I was informed that there was a 5 day-250 mile warranty with the vehicle and my 5th day was the actual day it broke down.

Auto Nation did not want to honor the warranty and stated that I could not be refunded my $1000 deposit, $479 insurance to obtain the vehicle, $85.00 towing fee, $195.00 out of pocket car rental, $80.00 Uber several times, and missed work due to no transportation. I was informed that they could try and allow me to transfer out for another vehicle, but they could not refund my money even though it was clear that the car broke down on the actual 5th day of my warranty. But who wants to exchange for another vehicle that may be worst than what I have or had? This world has become a sad place whereas, people have no morals and don't care how they do people or play with people's money.

And these same people wonder why they can't obtain a blessing if it was sitting in their lap. The finance company American Credit Acceptance, displayed their uncaring side as they called more that Autonation have; however, they are solely worried about my first car payment due October 17th and continually stated that the problems with the car have nothing to do with the car payment as I signed a contract for the car, but nobody wants to provide assistance with me obtaining approval for a rental car while they have had the car for the third week now. On September 25th, I again called to check on the status of the vehicle since Autonation still had not attempted to reach out to me regarding the vehicle and Robert, my original salesman stated that a motor was being placed into the vehicle. SMH...soooo first the starter burnt up...and now three weeks later, while the vehicle has been back at the dealership longer that I have had the opportunity to enjoy the purchase, the motor has gone out.

This evidently was a curse from the start, but Mrs.

Ramos, the Sales Manager refused to provide me a refund on the 5th day it broke down. The same day I was informed the initial warranty was 5days-250 miles.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice vehicles tolook at
Cons:
  • Vehicles and warranty information are falsely advertised

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid this place at all cost, unless you have a substantial amount of money to waste or you come from a family of mechanics prepared to workon what you purchase from Autonation

RT S Keq

| map-marker San Jose, California

Dealership complaint: Urgent Complaint Regarding Service Experience

Email written to Service Director,

After leaving my Sprinter Van for the day, I was contacted by Mr. Joshua regarding additional charges for addressing the Seat Warning, amounting to over $500. Upon picking up my vehicle, I discovered new problems that were not present before the service, including:--

-reduced display brightness, cant see on reverse mode.

--persistent two warning signals,

---a broken exhaust in the engine, and

----a broken generator bracket.

Thank you for your attention and understanding.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Xxx
Cons:
  • Xxx

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: before you go for service, Get the full estimate of service in Advance!!!

Abdul J Sdj

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Worst service dept. left several call back messages have not heard back from them or my message to GM b brian

Autonation - Worst service dept. left several call back messages have not heard back from them or...
Updated by user Jan 25, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Provided rental car for my trip to Vegas to replace Rz450e

Original review Jan 18, 2024
No good service call backs sfter having left several messages eguen I was requested to do so as they were busy.
Pros:
  • Only vons

Preferred solution: Answers to questions in service I am supposed to get

User's recommendation: no recommendation speaks loud

Barry B Aao

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

Autonation has had my vehicle for 4 months and it is still not complete. No one will give me an update and the customer service will not reach back out to me to fix this problem

Updated by user Feb 05, 2024

Still waiting for someone to contact me

Original review Feb 05, 2024
Autonation in Memphis Tennessee on mendenhall Street has had my vehicle for over 4 months. No one will reach back out to me to give me updates on my vehicle and when they do all I'm getting is lies. It'll be ready next week. Next week never comes and I have called customer service to put in a complaint. Supposed to be getting back with from someone within 48 hours that has never happened and I have called two times
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service
  • Terrible service afterwards

Preferred solution: I would like for them to fix my truck and return it to me

User's recommendation: Me personally I will never in life. Use autonation again for anything and I will not recommend anyone to go there. Not even for oil change

Ricco C Ajc

Verified Reviewer

Remove from all contact list

Autonation - Remove from all contact list
Autonation - Remove from all contact list - Image 2
Autonation - Remove from all contact list - Image 3
You lost a customer when you refused to replace my bent rim that had my truck shacking and I purchased a rim and tire package for. I felt it was unsafe and all you could say was it held air. I went to Sunrise and they were happy to trade my 2021 sierra with a 2023 a year ago and you keep contacting me about a service for a vehicle I havent had for over a year.
Cons:
  • Fix price no negotiations

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Steer clear

Jeff S Twy

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

Resolved: My Nissan Juke, Memphis, TN, Hacks Cross

My Nissan Juke

12/23/1023

*2nd time in shop in less than 30 days(1st 11/22/2023-front end work)

I put my car in the shop 12/21/2023 approximately 11am after speaking with Rep. Roberto Morales the day before.

When I brought the car in I explained to Roberto that it would crank but not start. I suggested it was a sensor or electrical issue and it was just in the shop 3 weeks ago. He said he would call me to inform me to what is discovered.

He never called after 3 hours so I called and he said it needed a fuel pump. I disagreed that was the issue because I have experienced a failed fuel pump before.

So I requested to speak with the Service manager, Sonya. After speaking with Sonya, who got the master mechanic involved and the mechanic said it was a electrical issue not fuel pump (which I was quoted to be $1500 to fix it by Roberto) and he would further diagnose it tomorrow morning and let me know exactly what the problem is, this was approximately 5pm.

Sonya stated I will call you tomorrow morning to let you know the situation.

Friday morning 12/22/2023 nobody called me so I called approximately 10:30am to find out whats going on. I spoke with Sonya and she ask me if I spoke with Roberto and I said no. So Sonya explained to me that it is a electrical issue and my front end needs to be dismantled to find the exact area of the problem and it would be 8 hours of labor and cost $1800.

She then said Roberto will text you to see if you want to move forward. Approximately 20 minutes later I received a text and responded yes to go ahead with the service. I called multiple times starting at 1:30pm to find out how things were going. I left at least 3 messages with Sonya through representatives who answered and left emails as well.

I left a voicemail to Roberto and never got a response from either. At this point Im extremely upset, furious to what is going on because my car is what I use to work(Uber driver-2 yrs) and I need to know how its looking.

I called back at approximately 5pm and finally connect with Sonya and I expressed to her how disappointed I was with the service and how Im being treated considering I cant get in contact with anyone in your department to try to pickup my car or find out when will it be worked on or completed. Sonya informs me that it has not been worked on and they wont start on it until the day after Christmas and it might be completed next Wednesday or Thursday. She stated the mechanic who is doing the work wont be back until after Christmas.

Granted, when I initially brought it in I requested not to let mechanic John (Caucasian) work on my car from prior terrible experiences which I expressed my displeasure at the time. Also I mentioned the work performed on 11/22/2023 needs to be re-examine because the car is still experiencing some shaking when I start to accelerate after completely stopping and go.

I explained to Sonya how difficult it was to contact her and she stated her cell phone which I dont have her number and I told her thats a personal line. I also stated to Sonya that this current issues sounds like it was created from the front end work that was performed on 11/22/2023 which cost me $1500 and now I have to pay another $1800 for this issue, I stated to her its unbelievable and that this current issue is very rare and happens at a extremely low percentage to vehicles!!

I expressed to Sonya this problem seems to be from prior work performed. No response from Sonya.

This is causing a tremendous set back for me and my family and to be ignored did not make it any better.

I explained to her that I will be in contact with GM Ed Lewis asap to express my displeasure and she said he is out until after Christmas, I said ok thanks.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Ask a lot of questions
Cons:
  • Know who your mechanic is

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Ask a lot of questions

Brands Related to Autonation

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article